Saturday, November 8, 2008

Good things...

  1. Hearing "I love you, Mommy" so many times in one day that you lose count.


  2. Security. Nobody knows what the future brings, but I know mine is secure in Christ.
  3. Getting blogger to put a break between list items right here, just like it did with the others - that would be good. Aesthetics are important.
  4. Playing a game of spider solitaire, with a winning streak of over 300 games, but you're in the middle of an unwinnable game, and then Windows updates itself, restarting the computer so that the game is wiped out and you get a new game without blowing your winning streak. Nice.


  5. People with caring hearts. Someone from the church we have been attending called me today to check on me after my oral surgery. She made us a pound cake and brought it over and visited with me for a little while. That was so sweet. We haven't spoken many times, and she wasn't sure I would know who she was when she called, but she reached out and let me know she had been thinking about me this week. God bless you, Laura.


  6. Motrin.


  7. Tylenol.


  8. Motrin and Tylenol combined. (Not a fun day for me today. Or yesterday, for that matter.)


  9. Alabama beating LSU in overtime, remaining udefeated, and (hopefully) the #1 team in college football. Texas Tech would have had to lose their game to guarantee that, but they didn't. If Alabama had lost....I don't even want to think about it. It makes me want to hide under a blanket, hugging my knees, rocking back and forth, sucking my thumb. College football is very important in the House of Payne. Very. You probably don't understand the relevance of this game. The obscenities that would have come out of Roger's mouth.... scary. There are children in the House! But, even better than that...



  10. The Gamecocks beat the Razorbacks today!






4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! I saw that AR lost and Jeff mentioned you guys :-) Sorry you are not feeling so good today but I am thankful for your new friend at church.

Leeann said...

I was okay until 7 and 8. I am clueless about football. Sorry your pain caught up with you, Feel better soon!

k8iesmom said...

It must be an oversight(which is perfectly understandble considering you are medicated after your surgery)some how the UGA victory over UK was left off the list. How did that happen?:-)

You can let Rog know that Bama beat UGA in volleyball in a tie breaker this past Sunday. One more Bama victory he can rub my nose in. Glad they beat LSU!!!

Gina said...

11. The House of Payne

Great blog Lisa! I hope you are feeling better now.