Thursday, January 22, 2009

Rockin' the House

So...I've discovered a new hobby. My dad got my sister Lm, the smart one, the Guitar Hero full band set for Christmas. I personally never had much interest in Guitar Hero until we were all together at Daddy's for Christmas. I think we played that thing for 2 days straight! I never got to try my hand at the guitar, but I was scared of it anyway and was content to play the drums. We had so much fun with that game that as soon as we got home, we sent an urgent letter to Santa via Fed Ex Overnight to please bring us a Guitar Hero game for Christmas. And he did! We didn't get the full band set, just the Guitar, but it was great! Haley hogged it for about 2 weeks and nobody else could touch it. Then the novelty wore off and the guitar stayed leaning against the wall for another 2 weeks. It started whispering to me, "Play with me!" You know, I hear this all the time, so I was able to ignore it...for a while. One night I picked that thing up and fired up the Wii and started rocking out. So. Much. Fun. I played and played for a couple of hours until my wrists hurt and my scores started falling. But I made a big mistake that night. I didn't wait until the kids were in bed before I started playing. Haley's interest was rekindled. Alec tried to play, and very quickly realized this was not the game for him. I won't publicly embarrass him by posting his scores, but let's just say you have more fingers than his either his percentage of notes correct or his correct note streak. Even Erin and Landon got into the act. They would hit the strum bar while Roger or I worked the frets. And speaking of Roger...he really got into the game. He made his own band and has advanced to medium difficulty. But the one who really took an interest was Carrie. She practiced daily until she was able to play all the songs at 90% or better accuracy and has even had streaks of over 100 notes correct! She is so funny to watch, too. Here she is playing just ONE song...


I think we have a future Pat Bennetar on our hands!

3 comments:

Gina said...

Somebody needs a real guitar for her birthday! She's so cute.

Dick White said...

Sigh. When are they going to invent a game that your kids and grandchildren can't beat you at?

Leeann said...

ROFLMAO!! That is some serious intensity going on over there! Too funny!