Monday, December 1, 2008

December 1 - Making Necklaces

So it's only Dec. 1 and already I'm relying on my dud-craft. This little project was meant to be saved for a day when I lost control of time and had to have something, anything, to throw under a flap on Santa's Christmas Holiday Season. We're really starting with a bang this year, huh? I did lose control of time today, though. And by the time we were ready to rip off the calendar's flap for today, it was 6:30 and we were waiting for our dinner to come out of the oven. So I whipped out the $0.80 crafts I got a couple of weeks ago and we got to work making necklaces.






It's a simple concept: string beads and ornaments onto a piece of elastic then tie the ends in a knot and viola - a necklace.


You'd think this would be easy, right? You'd be wrong.


The person who drilled the holes in the little wooden ornaments that we were tring to string onto the elastic must have been having a bad day the day he drilled the holes in ours. They were too small, not straight, and sometimes ended on the back of the ornament instead of the side opposite where the hole started. But what can one expect for $0.08? A crooked drill bit, apparently.


We got them done in time for dinner, though, so the project was a success.

I promise to do better tomorrow. Aaack...the pressure!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Oh, that's a dud craft is it? We made construction paper chains! And I didn't get any pictures either. I've out-dudded you.

Your kids are so adorable and it looks like they really enjoyed working on the necklace assembly line.