Monday, December 8, 2008

December 8 ~ Cake pops

I found this awesome blog, http://bakerella.blogspot.com/ . This woman is creative to the highest degree. We made her cake pops today, and boy were they good. And messy. But it was so much fun, especially for the girls. Landon got kicked out of the kitchen after making about 2 of these because he wouldn't quit eating everything in sight. I was so busy reheating the candy melts that I couldn't help him as much as he needed, so he was distracted from the task at hand. Too many sprinkles, M&M's, nonpariels, sugar, candy...it all spells bad news for a 4 year old left to his own devices. So he was banned from the kitchen until most of the other kids were done. Then I let him come back and he and I finished a few more together. These are pretty easy to make. Bake a box cake mix in a 9 x 13 pan, let it cool, crumble it up, then mix in a can of frosting. Shape into balls, put in a stick, firm up in the freezer. Then coat with melted candy melts and decorate till your heart's content.




Yep, I think we're going to be on a sugar high until the middle of next week.


No comments: