Sunday, December 21, 2008

Thursday, December 18 ~ Present scramble

Okay, before I go anywhere with this post, I have to admit something. We didn't do this on December 18th. The truth is, we are a few days behind on Santa's Christmas Holiday...whatever the name of the calendar is. Today is December 21 and we did this yesterday. We have been in SC at my dad's house for the weekend and we were already two days behind when we got there. We didn't do anything today, so now we're 3 days behind. But we will catch up this week and I'll post what we do on another wrong date. I brought this game with us so that my kids' cousin, Katie, could play too. The kids sat in a circle with a present in the middle.


They youngest person chooses a number and that becomes the magic number. The first player rolls a die, hoping to roll the magic number. If they don't roll it, they pass the die to the next player.


If they do roll the magic number, they get to open the present. But they have to do it with oven mitts on their hands.


Inside the present was another present, so the game continues.

And continues
and continues
and continues until finally there is something inside the box other than another box.

Don't you love a game where everybody wins?





2 comments:

Leeann said...

What a fantastic idea! Did you come up with it yourself? Totally rocks!

Dick White said...

So now I have inherited a pair of oven mitts, but they are a bit small for my hands. Guess I'll have to return them some day LOL.