Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Friday, December 19 - Wednesday, December 24

Ok, so I'm slack. I got really busy and didn't post the rest of the calendar as we did the activites. BUT! We did do them, and I did take pictures. However, since it's so late, I'm not going to share the pictures. It's just too many. It's certainly not because my transfer cable went missing among the Christmas chaos and I have yet to find it. There was one thing I would like to post pictures of, though, because they turned out so cute and that was little mini wreaths that we made. You wrap a sparkly green pipe cleaner (actually it took 3 pipe cleaners) around the plastic ring from the neck of a juice bottle then glue on a little red bow. They were adorable and made some really cute decorations on some of the wrapped presents. When my cable turns up, I'll show you what they look like.

Other events from the calendar were making cookies (of course!), making peppermint bark (which we delivered to our neighbors, all 4 of them), sibling shopping (where the kids buy gifts for each other), Secret Santa day (once again, not so secret for a few of us), and going ice skating (one of our favorites!). Everyone voted for their favorite calendar event and the winner was Snowman Tag. I knew that one was a keeper! Ice skating was a close second.

Now, stay tuned for my New Year's Eve post. I have some fun stuff planned for tomorrow night! Too bad I didn't come up with these plans earlier or I would have been more prepared and things would look really nice and festive. Next year we are going to undecorate our Christmas tree and redecorate it as a New Year's tree. I wish I had thought of that at least a day earlier! But, I do have some fun stuff planned and I'll be taking pictures and posting what goes on in the House on First Night!

1 comment:

nicrogers said...

You have way too much energy! lol