Sunday, December 7, 2008

December 5 ~ Fruit Christmas Tree

Tonight we made fruit salad in the shape of a Christmas tree. The branches are green apples and the ornaments are grapes and star fruit. That's what we used because that's what we had, with the exception of the star fruit. I don't keep that stuff lying around, but I already had the apples and grapes. If you want to make your own fruit tree, you could use strawberries, cherries, pineapples, or whatever you like. You could get really creative and put a nice, colorful dressing on it like a garland. Payne kids don't do dressing. Weirdos. Hey, you could sneak some veggies onto the tree if you wanted to. OR! You could just do the whole thing with veggies. I don't think it would trick my kids into eating them, but it's worth a try! Hmm...I think I have an idea for next year's calendar! Anway, here's our tree:

Can't really see the tree in that one, but how could I resist that photo? Aren't they adorable? The tree is kind of cute, too.....

It was yummy! Go make one. Your kids will think you are the coolest mom in town.

No comments: